Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Time at McClure

Oh, it's on. Spring is hear and the best part of the season in the bay area with it. Last weekend a crew from the Bay headed out to McClure to getussome. 14 or 15 pilots in all were out on Saturday for some nice smooth lift.

Gaggles a Plenty

Link

The air was a little challenging. Light at times, but wide and smooth for the most part. Staying at the top of the stack was the goal as the crowds were thick and everything was easier to work when you were up high with space to move.

Noman briging it in tight.



After about an hour and a half, I was circling with Tom Low. I cut in tight on a turn and fell out of the core. I lost a couple hundred feet and decided I was too low to make Horseshoe when Tom headed out that way. We then got seriously flushed on the main hill and I was soon setting up my landing. Tom and Ken continued to fly in good lift over at Horseshoe until they chose to come land.

Chris, Dirk, Eric F, and the famous Joe Jackson decided to camp and make it a weekend excursion. Hanging out on top of the hill, having some beers, talking the talk. Good times.

A view to wake up to


















Sunday was another good day... for some at least...
A hard flush cycle and I found myself on the ground early. A few hit it right and flew for hours. Oh well

Glen caught some good footage as always. Here's my landing from Saturday


Link

No comments: