Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Glider Repair That Wasn't

Had some serious glider work to do and waited patiently for my much needed parts to arrive. Finally picked them up on Thursday and got to work replacing the leading edge on Friday.
Leading Edge Off

I have an old Moyes Lightspeed sale which I use as a floor covering for all my glider work. Don't let anyone tell you that lightspeed sails aren't good for anything. They make great tarps and working surfaces.

Unfortunately I found that my new leading edge was damaged before it got to me. The machined cross-bar bracket was bent out of shape.
Somethings not right...

So, after weeks of waiting, it's back to waiting...

1 comment:

Matt Epperson said...

Everything you need to fix the glider. A Moyes sail to work on, glider parts, a case of Corona, what could go wrong?