Saturday, September 4, 2010

What's Wrong With Waddell?

Dirk picked me up and we headed down the coast to Waddell today. I've had mostly a love/hate relationship with Waddell, but it does tend to put out. Just not always in the way I had hopped.

Today it was on. As usual, we could have been there 1 hour earlier, but despite the mean looking ocean it was steady and smooth. We set up quick and were soon airborne.
+ Looking North. Wind lines on the water.

There was a fair amount of moisture in the air and fog would form, swirl, and dissipate at about 4-500 feet.
+ Cloud line forming to the South.

+ Flying the fog.

I was on the Pulse since the T2 is in the shop. It's a nice glider to fly, but slooooooow. Dirk was literally flying circles around me.
+ Dirk zooming below me

After about an hour I had had my fill and landed to say hello to ACP John Taylor who had arrived to see the action. Packed up the gliders and headed home. A nice day at the coast.

No comments: