Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mission, It's The New Funston



Four and a half weeks. That's how long it has been since my last flight. It is not often I go so many days without flying and I was in need of some air.

Fortunately there was plenty of good stuff to be had. I joined up with Urs and Enzo and crossed the bay to Mission Peak, meeting Tom Lo and Charlie there. Conditions looked a little light, but promising. I launched, scratched, and climbed in solid, smooth lift up above launch and behind. Once above 2,500' it was easy to stay up, with abundant lift by the peak and over the foothills.
Launching Into A Green Valley

Climbing Above The Peak. Charlie In The Distance

Clear Air & Good Views

I soared with Charlie and Urs, enjoying the view. Near 3,000' the air became turbulent and rather than try to break through the inversion, I opted to just stay below it where it was smooth.

Saying Hi To The Hikers

Over Launch. Diablo In The Distance

Unzipping? Or Dropping A Finger-Bang? You Decide

It felt great to get the dust off the glider. After only 30 minutes I opted to top land to end this short, but thoroughly enjoyable flight.

Banking It In For An Easy Top Landing

Enzo Landing Shortly After Me

Flight Time: 0:30
Max Altitude: 3,000'

No comments: