Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chelan '08, Day 6

7/4/2008

It's all over. Ben Dunn hangs on to his 5 point lead and wins. This is his first victory at a sanctioned comp. Congratulations Ben!


Conditions at launch were very windy today. The pilots who had gotten off the ground were getting mostly ridge lift in turbulent conditions. No one seemed to be getting high and I did not think it looked fun so I opted not to fly. I really would have liked to fly one more day. Since the comp is your best 4 out of 6 days, not flying today and yesterday means I don't get to drop any of my low scoring days.

I finished 14th out of about 30. I think I could have done a bit better. That said, I am very happy with how I flew on the 3rd and 4th days. I've also learned a lot of leasons to improve my skill.

I can't wait to come back next year!

No comments: