Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chelan XC Classic 2010: Day 6 wrap up

My favorite picture from the week (from day 2)

The last day of the comp was also the practice day for the following Paragliding Nationals. There were a lot of paragliders out. A lot. At least 50, maybe more. At first I wondered how we would ever even get to launch with so much gear laying around. But the day proved to be a later day then forecasted, and the extra time spread out the launches. Everyone got off without a hitch, and there were gliders all over the place.

Chris and I launched a little later. A few people had gotten up, but a lot of people got drilled throughout the day. I launched into a moderate wind and enjoyed some very smooth, boaty conditions that didn't get me up very high. Before long I was coming into the soccer field. Another short day, but a nice flight regardless.

Chris hung on for a while longer, and appeared to be crossing. But apparently he felt sorry for me down in the grass all by myself and he came down to join me.

Link

Grabbed my car, took a quick shower and got on the road. Made it nearly to Bend, OR before crashing for the night in the Crooked Creek National Grasslands. Up early the next day and home by 6:30pm.
Rest spot for the night

The weather this season has been somewhat uncooperative. I've traveled a lot but not flown as much. But the week at Chelan was wonderful. It's scenic, comfortable, and low key. I could spend a week just sitting under a tree by the river there.

Wendy was a great driver. Always positive, upbeat and supportive.
Gliders, Vehicle, and Awesome Driver. That's how ACPs roll. Bang!

No comments: