Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Early Bird...

With high temps and high pressure, Funston was the place to be this weekend to escape the heat and get some air.

Saturday was Rex's memorial, and after saying goodbye to our friend, we hit the fort late in the day. It was packed and by the end of my third flight I was completely frustrated with the crowds, and a few pilots in particular who just weren't paying attention to the traffic.

Sunday was a different story. I headed to the fort early, thinking it would blow out in the afternoon. I was the first to arrive and was soon joined by Enzo and CRV. It was already on and we had the whole place to ourselves. We played around the Fort, and cruised down to Westlake. The fog bank started at about 650 feet. Plenty of room to fly beneath.

I tried out a new boom-ish mount for my GoPro camera, and I think it worked great.

As the day progressed, I watched the cars rolling into the parking lot with gliders on the roof. I flew for about 2 hours until the crowd had finally finished setting up their birds. Once the sky began to fill I came in for a landing and called it a day.

Funston, have I told you lately that I love you?

2 comments:

C R Valley said...

Reader #4 says, "Awesome pics!"

west coast brit said...

So funston continues to put out! Nice !!