Friday, April 23, 2010

Going With The Flow

I'm not good at going with it. The flow that is.

I knew that coming out here for this comp was going to be a good lesson for me in just relaxing and going with it. I figured that the first and last days would be the tough ones since they both involve transporation logistics, getting to/from the airport, etc. Today I had to take my work rental car back to Tampa International, and then somehow get several hours to the south to the Florida Ridge Flight Park. I had a one way rental reserved that would get me within 40 miles of the park, but my pickup scenarios depended greatly on which way the task (from an earlier competion) was called.

It was apparent early today that the task was uncertain. Ben called me 4 times to give me a new location for goal. What to do? Stick with the original plan and maybe be stuck in Ft Myers? Take a cab to goal and wait there (60 miles)? I took Christina's advice and kept the rental car and drove to goal. I figured I would figure out how to drop of the car in Ft Myers later. This looks like it's going to work out just fine. I'll keep the car an extra day and have arranged a ride back from Ft Myers tomorrow night.

I met up with Bill Cuddy at goal and we waited for the first competitors to come in. About 15 made it in including Jonny D, the Jeffs, Ben D and more. There were more people then seats in the retrieve vehicles, so I gave a ride to Jonny Durand, Zippy, and Glen Volk back to the ridge.

Realizing I had the world champion, top ranked US pilot, and former top ranked US pilot in my car, I took full opportunity of the time to give them some advice and pointers on how to improve there game. It felt really good being able to help out a few up-and-comers...

Tomorrow looks to be a good day and I plan to get in some practice flying before the Race & Rally starts on Sunday.

What's that? You want to see another picture of my hardcore duffel bag?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of your new ACP bag and the ACP video.

Have a great time at the Race & Rally this week. You'll be seeing a lot of Florida!

Aunt Sharon