Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saving The Galaxy - One Ace Comp Pilot At A Time

Today we went to Waddell, the bane of my flying. And... It was good. I launched first in building conditions and climbed quickly a few hundred over. My T2 is in transit to Florida, so I flew my Pulse. It is fun and easy, but has no speed.

I boated around, mostly parked as Ryan, Diev, Chris and Mike took to the air. After about 30 minutes the wind had picked up enough that it was now very difficult to penetrate forward with my glider. I got into a sinky area where the bluff faces more west and found myself going backwards and down. Not wanting to land on the beach I decided to bring it in for a top landing. Nice.

Chris has been fighting his own battle with Waddell. There's a story to be told here, and I believe it has been captured well in this documentary:


Link

1 comment:

Michael Owens said...

Dear ACP,

I have been following your blog on ACP's, and, what it takes to be an ACP. It seems that "dominating" is a key quality to being and ACP. ACP's seem to dominate ate everything not just hang gliding. Are you born ACP, or, is it something you can learn?

Michael Owens